Education is important but biggest fallacy of the education system in most countries around the world is the fact that they prepare students to gain skills that will land them a job and sometimes not even that. The education system does not teach the following:
- Identify what is important in life for someone and how they should achieve it.
- How to face challenges and adversity in life.
- How to handle money. It is often a surprise to me on how a person sitting in a bank or financial organization advises a person with more money that he or she has ever made on how to invest.
- How to attain skills continuously that last a lifetime.
- Institutes teach languages but do not teach communication skills and team work in school. This is fundamental education not specialized training as it is today.
- They teach management but not leadership.
Unfortunately all these aspects that are most important in life are learnt by individuals through experiences even though there have been thousands who have been successful and have gone through challenges. The ones who have achieved their dreams in life should be the real teachers and the education system should teach students on how they should look out for such people and learn from them.
A friend told me the other day that he and his friends were planning to open a schooling system that will be a complete get away from the existing system and the use of practical tools and training to help children become better decision makers in life. I was thrilled to bits hearing this and promised to contribute in whatever way I can. He also added that it is going to be tough going through the vast network of political and educational boards to get approvals for such a school but also added that there his friends have the resolve and the network of people who support such a cause to pull this through.
As it is often said change needs to happen from within first before it can be taken to the world. I am happy to be in such company today. At the same time I also wish that many more people come out of their daily rut and bring forth such initiatives that are destined to change the existing world and make it a better place.
The world needs many more champions to pave the way for a better future for our generations to come.!!!!!